My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Green Tomatoes

I recently bought some green tomatoes at the farmer's market. I wasn't really sure what to do with them, and all of the recipes I found on the internet required ingredients that were too rarely used to be found in my kitchen (i.e. flour), so I improvised.

Slice one green tomato about 1/2-1/4.
Pour some oil onto a frying pan and cook the slices of tomatoes on med hi. Salt and pepper to taste. Flip them occaisionally. They should turn brown on both sides.
When they're done cooking you should be able to cut them into smaller chunks with a spatula.
Then eat them.

They're also very good when added to pasta.

WARNING: If you don't like green tomatoes, you won't like this recipe. I like green tomatoes, but you might not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Loos said...

I don't know; they taste very different. I would say that a green tomato is to a red tomato as a green olive is to a black olive... but you don't like those either.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah Loos said...

I love the movie fried green tomatoes!!! The first time I ever ate green tomatoes was a couple days after my mom and I watched that movie. We looked up a recipe for them... they didn't turn out very well, but they tasted good. Basically, my recipe is the same as fried green tomatoes, but without the breading.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home