Sunday, September 24, 2006

Recipe Disasters

Okay, I must admit that Blogger is confusing me. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it. Also, I don't have the internet in my apartment, so I'll only sign on when I'm procrastinating at the library. (But don't worry; that will happen at least twice a week.)

I keep trying new recipes from the Betty Crocker Cookbook, but they keep turning out gross. For instance, last week, I made a chicken recipe that consisted primarily of dipping a boneless, skinless chicken breast in an egg. Then you dipped it in crushed goldfish crackers (cheddar) and shredded cheddar cheese. I love chicken, cheddar goldfish crackers, and cheddar cheese ... but not together, apparently. It was not so good.

I also made a pasta and mushroom recipe a few weeks ago that I think is worth mentioning. It was one that my mom makes at home, so I know I like it. It called for 4 oz. of garlic and herb cheese spread. My mom recommended Alouette, but all I could find was Philadelphia Cream Cheese. So I used that. While it was cooking, the pan smelled disgustingly like cooking cream cheese. It actually tasted OK, though. Then, that night, I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely convinced that my pillow smelled like cream cheese and completely revolted by it. I got up and went to the bathroom, where I became convinced that, in fact, my entire apartment smelled like cream cheese! When I went back to bed, I turned the pillow over and decided that the other side smelled neutral enough that I could sleep again.

Those are my Food Updates for the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

I am having trouble leaving comments...

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your Lo Mein Recipe sounds rather involved. So far, I'm a big fan of recipes that don't need more than 4 ingredients. Maybe I'll work my way up to something more complicated.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

While you were smelling your pillow, did Max Margoles bang on your window and make a terrifying shriek?

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home