Sunday, September 24, 2006

Lo Mein

My older sister and I have been making a Chicken Lo Mein recipe rather frequently lately, and it has been well received by the rest of my family.

2 lbs Chicken Breast, cut into small chuncks
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tsp Garlic powder
1.5 lbs boiled linguine
2 cups cut broccoli
1.5 cups chopped cabbage
1 cup water chestnuts
2 cups chopped peppers
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 tbsp olive oil
1 packet of fried rice seasoning
1 tbsp corn starch

Add oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, and chicken to large skillet on Medium High. Heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Add broccoli, peppers, and onions. Cook for 5 minutes, then add cabbage and water chestnuts. Add fried rice seasoning and corn starch to thicken sauce. This can be mixed with linguine, or served over linguine.

The original recipe actually said to marinate the chicken in the soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic for 24 hours, but who wants to do that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

I cook something quite a bit like that. However, instead of chicken, I put beef and chilli beans in it. Honestly, I wasn't quite sure it would be good the first time I made it, but I liked it quite a lot.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home